Swatches of MAC dupes

Over a year ago, I posted a list of my favorite MAC dupe finds. (If you have not seen the original post, click the link.) I figured I should have shown some swatches, so better late than never. I will say I have never owned MAC products, so I can not verify with absolute certainty that these are dupes. However, various online sources have said these are very close matches.

I am not including the Wet n Wild 6-pan palettes because they have been discontinued since the first post.

Maybelline Natural Smokes Swatch
 These swatches are from the Maybelline Stylish Smokes Quad in Natural Smokes. From left to right: Base= MAC Vanilla, Lid= MAC Satin Taupe, Crease= MAC Tempting, & Liner= MAC Brun.

Quality wise I will say they aren't perfect. They are on the hard side and the first three required two swatches to get decent color payoff. The 'Liner' was actually pretty pigmented and I barely had to touch it.
Hard candy high maintenance swatch
Next are the swatches from the Hard Candy Kaleyedescope in High Maintenance. The Left= MAC Phloof, Right= MAC Sable.

These are dry swatches and are still very pigmented.
As with all baked eye shadows they look even better when used wet.

I love using the light shade as a inner corner highlight.
Wet n wild penny swatch

Finally, this is a swatch of Wet n Wild's single in Penny. Penny = MAC Expensive Pink

Quality wise, this is very soft and pigmented.

-dennychick

Comments

Popular Posts