Konad for Beginners: Building a Starter Kit

There are kits available but I think you end up getting & paying for things you don't need or want. So why not build your own kit.

 Basic components:
1. image plate
2. stamper
3.scraper
4. konad special polish or regular polish

1.image plate: There are a ton of plates to choose from. Personally, my 1st plates were m26, m69, and s9.

2.stamper: I have the double ended stamper. The small green end is great for putting small designs on your pinky or children's small nails. If you want to save a few dollars go with the basic stamper. But I  think it is a better value to get the double ended stamper.

3.scraper: A scraper comes with the double ended stamper and some of the stamper sets.  However, I recommend using an old credit card or gift card to keep from scratching the plates. I find that a card is easier to clean too!

4.special polish vs. regular polish: I have never purchased the konad special polishes. I've had great results from Sally Hansen Insta-Dry ($4) & Pure Ice ($2). Compared to the special polish which costs about $6.99. Sasse has a great list of regular polishes that also work. 

I buy my Konad products from ocnailart.com. [I am not affiliated with OC Nail Art.] I like their site because orders over $20 ship free within the U.S. & Canada. Update: All orders within the U.S. ship free and orders over $20 ship free within Canada! There are even discount codes floating around on the internet. Since buying from them, I occasionally get an email from them with a discount code.

Here's a scenario I suggest:
If you can find a 20% discount code- buy 4 items at $6.99 each. The total would be $27.96 - 20% = $22.37 with automatic free shipping.

You can obviously vary this any way you want, but I bought 3 image plates and the double ended stamper.





Comments

Popular Posts